Tuesday, July 12, 2005

All of a Sudden

After two years, suddenly the White House is in all kinds of trouble over the Plame leak. The Press Gaggle yesterday was as brutal as any I've ever seen. If reporters are willing to continue to hammer away on this, it's going to drown out everything else. Watch the video (link at top right of the screen) to get a sense of how incredulous the reporters were that McClellan was willing to stand in front of them and just basically tell them over and over again to eat shit.

Question: Did Karl Rove commit a crime?
McClellan: Eat shit.
Question: You can't tell us to eat shit! We're the intrepid fourth estate, and no one can tell us to eat shit.
McClellan: Yes, but I believe I've addressed that question and I've made it clear that you should all eat shit.
Question: Will you at least make Karl Rove eat shit also?
McClellan: Well, you can continue to ask questions but I will simply continue to tell you to eat shit.
Question: I heard Karl Rove likes to eat shit. He uses it like gravy.
McClellan: Well, again I've addressed that and I think the best that I can tell you is that you're going to simply have to accept it and just go ahead and eat shit.
McClellan: Thank you.

That's a paraphrase, of course.

No comments: