Thursday, March 24, 2005

BasketBlogging

Couple of observations.

1. "Pittsnoggle" should be a term for something disgusting. Culinary or sexual, take your pick. It's either a rural Pennsylvania delicacy involving sheep nostrils or a body odor inhalation fetish.

2. Offenses that involve nothing but passing around the perimeter looking for a three-pointer may carry a mediocre team deep into the tournament, but they are not sustainable over the long term. A team that adopts such an offense is saying "we know we aren't good enough to really play basketball."

3. Louisville may well turn Rule #2 into a relic by winning it all and pissing me right the fuck off.

4. I hate Rick Pitino.

5. Why do I hate Rick Pitino? He ruins things. He made my 1997 bracket perfectly awful (I had Zona losing in the first round.) He ruined the Celtics. Now he's in Louisville ruining the Greatest City of All Time.

6. Whatever happens to my sheet this year, I deserve it. The thing is transcendently half-baked.

7. You're CBS. You have a choice between showing the two of the greatest coaches of our time coaching what could be either man's last really big game, or showing Texas Tech vs. West Virginia. What do you choose? You choose the Texas Tech game, specifically because you hate me.

8. Much is made of how "guard play wins tournaments." That may be true, I don't know. But Joey Graham's line from the first half of the OK State game gives you a good idea why having a big man as your primary scorer is the percentage play. Graham was 2 for 8 shooting in the first half, and had 9 points. If a guy on your team is 2 for 8 shooting and he's 6'0", he probably does not have 9 points.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! 

How do you change the size of your monitor?

By the way, I love that too!  How did you find that?  

See you soon! Girly Girl 


[color=#69c][url=http://paid-internet-surveysdmwdaqoy.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]